Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Balsamiq Mockups - Great Wireframe tool

I started playing with Microsoft’s  prototyping tool, and I must say… it’s cool, it’s powerful, but it’s also complicated! I’ve only spent a couple of hours working on it, so I’m sure (just like Expression Blend) if I played with it for a while longer, I would grow to love it. The time constraints I’m currently under do not allow me to spend days trying to learn this new tool. After trying a few other tools, I ran across Balsamiq Mockups. This tool is an extremely easy tool to use and it is relatively cheap. There is also a free version that will meet the needs of most users.

After downloading the tool, I had created several useful wireframes in a matter of minutes. Here are just a few of the sample mockups created with this tool that are displayed on their website:

image

image

If you are a user interface designer, I would highly encourage you to give the free version of this tool a try. It may not be as powerful as Sketchflow, but it’s got all the essentials I was looking for and some of the perks I don’t necessarily need but like.

No comments:

Post a Comment